Please read this whole page BEFORE making your first request. By requesting membership to the organization, you are agreeing to these terms.
ALL RECIPIENTSIf you receive free items, please pay it forward. When you're finished with the item, do not sell it for profit. Please remember to give it away to another homeschool family who needs or wants to use it! If abusers of this group are reported with proof (such as a screenshot of an item being resold), they will be banned from future activity, without question, and without any dispute or explanations asked. In order for this organization to work, people who donate MUST trust those on the receiving end, and if there's any doubt of someone's purposes here, they will be deleted.
- You may donate materials and funds through our site, or you may contact us to arrange physical hand-off. We are also in need of bookshelves and boxes / packing tape / mailing supplies.
- For one week each semester, we will open up the Book Shack for families to come and get the items they need. Details regarding these events will be posted well ahead of time on the blog.
- All members are expected to pull their weight. We are 100% volunteer run. You must purchase a $10 shopping pass (which is good for one year, and will help to cover insurance and overhead) before taking home materials. We will post information on the blog detailing each event.
- A few times of the year, during inventory, we will need volunteers. The people who volunteer (half-day increments) will also have first access to newly-unboxed books. We expect everyone to follow through on their word.
- Additionally, due to some inconsiderate behavior at our first event, we now are saying : "We reserve the right to restrict the number of books taken."
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Is your organization a non-profit 501(c)(3) and do you provide donation receipts?
- Yes. We are registered with the Internal Revenue Service as a non-profit organization with 501(c)(3) status and donors are eligible to deduct contributions they make under the IRC Section 170. Donors requesting a receipt should provide a valid e-mail address for us to send the receipt to.